UBUNTU LIBERATION MOVEMENT
ONE SMALL TOWN MANIFESTO
Imagine a perfect world full of harmony and abundance. The kind of world most of us have dreamed of all our lives. This world is possible and we are creating it for ourselves – not somewhere in the distant future, but now, in our own lifetime.
The socio-economic structure of our country and our world has failed us dramatically. The freedom that our forefathers strived for is in danger of being lost forever.
We can no longer sit idly by, watching the destruction of our country, our towns, and human potential, by greedy corporations, supported by a government with no remorse for its actions, or accountability to the people it is supposed to serve.
We can no longer sit silently, hoping that someone will do something to stop this assault on our liberties and future prosperity.
It has fallen on the shoulders of the common people to unite and create a new way, a new system and a beautiful life for ourselves and our children.
The Ubuntu Movement has a simple plan to turn our small towns into places of abundance and prosperity for all the people, where there are no hurdles to progress or restrictions on personal growth of the people.
Communities that will support and promote unbridled creative expression in all areas of our lives – arts, culture, science, technology, healthcare, environment, architecture, agriculture, and all other areas of human activity.
But in order to create such harmonious communities, we, the people, must lead a Revolution of Consciousness, without the need for any violence, opposition or conflict – by simply creating a new alternative – a new system – a new way of doing things – because the old way simply does not work for us anymore.
We are creating a new system in which we turn competition into collaboration. A new society in which we all benefit from our collective efforts and individual talents. We will no longer be the slaves that enrich the corporations and a few powerful individuals.
“Ubuntu” is an African expression of ancient wisdom, which is echoed by all ancient civilizations. It simply means “unity within community” where everyone contributes their natural talents or skills for the greater benefit of all.
The native American Cherokee have a similar philosophy that says; “if it’s not good for everyone, it’s no good at all”. This philosophy is one of the founding principles of our proposed system of Contributionism.
The Ubuntu plan provides a blueprint for a new social structure, which delivers freedom from financial slavery to the whole town and everyone who participates.
Ubuntu Planet is focused on creating the first One Small Town, to lead by example, and serve as a model for all other towns anywhere in the world. The objectives are very simple and very achievable – but it will require us to WORK TOGETHER – UNITED.
- Unite the people in a simple vision and objective
- Where possible, provide our town with our own supply of electricity, which will support all our activities and liberate the town from reliance on the electricity grid.
- Rejuvenate our town with diverse industry and innovation that will provide work for everyone – not just a chosen few.
- Support our inventors and scientists to create new technologies on every level which will include an alternative energy supply that is eco-friendly and provide electricity at no cost to the community.
- Support our farmers to grow an abundance of organic food and banish GMO companies like Monsanto that are destroying our seeds and food security.
- Support our healers to develop new methods and technologies that truly heal people, and provide cures for most diseases, which many of us know is possible.
- Ensure the growth of traditional healing plants and prevent the pharmaceutical mafia from eliminating these plants.
- Support our teachers to develop an alternative education system that teaches our children real skills for life and opens their eyes to infinite possibilities.
- Support our Master Craftsmen to share their knowledge and skills with those who wish to learn.
- Evolve into communities free from the economic stranglehold created by the banking cartels.
This revolution of change happens not with guns or violence like our forefathers, but with the perspective that change can happen within a community based on our combined efforts. Existing laws and financial structures will be used to create this self-sustaining community.
At a broad level, this manifesto outlines our goals and methods to provide a transparent view of how easily change can happen.
We are currently seeking candidates for the first Ubuntu town, North Frontenac, Canada, Ontario.
ONE SMALL TOWN
If you know the mayor of a small town that would like to do something good for the town and the people please contact us so that we can work with you to approach the mayor with the correct message and get the ball rolling. email@example.com
The following are key elements to establishing the first small town:
- A population between 4000 – 7000.
- The Mayor, Town Manager, City Council, and Sheriff are fully supportive of the mission to rejuvenate their town.
- At least 20% of the residents express their support for the One Small Town
- Identify the unique opportunities of the town including the agricultural and environmental possibilities that will be utilized for the benefit of the community and the investors.
- Identify the skills and abilities of the people who have expressed their support for initiative as an indicator for launching new projects.
- Analyze the existing factories and industry (some of which may be dormant) to strategically plan for new projects and businesses to launch in the community.
- Funding is needed to create and renovate manufacturing facilities, equipment, tools, and supplies to create a wide range of products and services.
- Detailed business plans to offer investors a truly unique opportunity to help the town rejuvenate rapidly. We call it “Adopt a Small Town”.
- This is a truly unique investment opportunity in which the investor will have the following benefits not normally associated with the capitalist model: 1) Full support of the whole community. 2) No hostile competition from other businesses. 3) Free labor from the community participation in
all the community projects. This is also a unique funding opportunity for conscious millionaires who care about their hometowns and want to save them from further decay.
- Successful businesses, currently in the town, are encouraged to help support the One Small Town initiative by investing in other project/business plans that help achieve the town’s self-sustainable goals and generate a profit for the investor.
- Every new community project/business will have a strategically chosen project manager; master craftsman or expert in that specific area; and a small group of skilled workers in that field. These appointed workers will be paid normal salaries as the backbone of that business. The rest of the labor will come from the community contribution.
- Every person who contributes 3 hours per week towards community projects receives their share of the benefits from all the projects. This provides a simple solution during the initial transition phase. Everyone can keep their jobs and continue with their lives as normal, but make themselves available for their 3-hour community work every week.
- The weekly contribution work will be assigned by a central project manager. In exchange for the 3-hour contribution, every participant receives free goods and services from all the community projects.
- The town produces 3x the needs of the community, in all that we grow or produce.
- One third is retained for the contributing community members who receive their share of all the goods and services at no cost.
- The other two thirds are sold to non-community members and other distribution sources at fair or below market prices.
- The profits are distributed back to the community as such: 1/3 of the profits goes towards the investor; 1/3 goes to the community bank; and 1/3 goes to the contributing members of the community as personal income.
The first priority for every small town is to create sustainable water supply, agriculture and food security. This may require indoor and permaculture farming in addition to livestock, dairy and bakery. Other industries will be created based on resources of the town and products/services that are in demand.
The goal of Contributionism is to achieve freedom and abundance for all community members. To do this, it is necessary to transition to a society with a primary focus on cooperation rather than capitalism.
All needs and wants of the community will be provided through the shared efforts of labor to create abundance. The goods and services created will be sold outside the community and to non-contributing town members for a profit.
We recognize the need for money for interactions outside of the community, but within the community there will, eventually, be no need or use for money, allowing for the transition to an abundant moneyless community.
We trust that the financial distributions of profits to community members will create a higher level of steady income than current employment, allowing the members to free themselves from undesirable “jobs” and commit to more active participation in community projects of their choice.
Very soon, we will birth a community where we can create, build, grow, invent, invest, and implement anything we desire because the obstacles to progress have been removed from our society.
It all begins with: